Rym Ayadi is a Professor of International Business and Finance and Founding Director of the International Research Centre on Cooperative Finance (IRCCF) at HEC Montreal Business School in Canada. She is Honorary Visiting Professor at Cass Business School, City University of London. She is Associate Senior Research Fellow at the Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI) in Slovenia. She is President of the Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association established in Barcelona since 2012 to contribute to the future of political and socio-economic model in the South Mediterranean region post Arab Spring.Read More
She is expert member of several high-level expert groups in the European Commission, external advisor to the European Parliament (Economic and Financial Committee and Committee on Foreign Affairs)), Mediterranean Assembly of the Mediterranean and the Union for the Mediterranean and invited expert in international organisations (e.g. IMF, OECD and others).
She was Senior Research Fellow and Head of the Financial Institutions Unit at the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) in Brussels (Between 2001 and 2014). She served as an academic senior expert member of the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) Stakeholder Group (Between 2011 and 2013). She was the director of the Mediterranean Prospects Research Network (MEDPRO) http://www.medpro-foresight.eu, an international research network for foresight analysis in the Euro-Mediterranean region (Between 2009 and 2013) funded by the Seventh Framework Program of the EU.
She was also Vice President of the European Financial Inclusion Network (EFIN), a European network that promotes mutual learning on financial inclusion.
She authors several books and scholarly articles on her areas of expertise and is member of several editorial boards.
Rym Ayadi holds a Ph.D. in Economics and Finance from University Paris Dauphine.
- StudiesHuman Capital, Labour Market Friction and Migration in Egypt, Jordan, Morocco and Tunisia - 31/05/2018
- StudiesFinancial Development and Inclusion in Egypt, Jordan, Morocco and Tunisia - 27/03/2018
- StudiesMicro, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Development in Egypt, Jordan, Morocco & Tunisia: Structure, Obstacles and Policies - 04/12/2017
- StudiesYouth employment and regional integration in the Euro-Mediterranean region – Qualitative and quantitative economic analysis on whether and how regional integration could lead to youth employment - 20/07/2017
- Policy papersYouth employment in the Mediterranean region: Is further regional integration the way forward for job creation? - 16/10/2017
- Working papersRegional integration in the Euro-Mediterranean - 28/06/2017