Founder and President, Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association, Director Euro-Mediterranean Network for Economic Studies and Professor CASS Business School.
Professor Rym Ayadi is the Founder and President of the Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA) and Founder and Scientific Director of the Euro-Mediterranean Network for Economic Studies (EMNES). She is Honorary Professor at CASS Business School and Member of the Centre for Banking Research (CBR) at the City University in London, U.K., Senior Research Advisor at the Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI) in Piran, Slovenia and Associated Scholar at the Centre for Relationship Banking and Economics (CERBE) at LUMSA University in Rome.Read More
Rym’s fields of expertise include international financial systems, financial markets and institutions, global financial regulation and governance, and socio-economic development and foresight in economies in transition.
Previously, Rym served as Professor of International Business and Finance at the Department of International Business, as Director and Board Member of the Alphonse and Dorimène Desjardins Institute for Cooperatives, and Founding Director of the International Research Centre on Cooperative Finance (IRCCF) at HEC Montreal, Canada, and as Senior Research Fellow and Head of Research of the Financial Institutions Unit at the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), a policy think tank in Brussels.
She was an academic senior expert member of the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) Stakeholder Group (Between 2011 and 2013), the promoter and director of the Mediterranean Prospects Research Network (MEDPRO) an international research network for foresight analysis in the Euro-Mediterranean region (Between 2009 and 2013) funded by the Seventh Framework Program of the EU. She was also Vice President of the European Financial Inclusion Network (EFIN), a European network that promotes mutual learning on financial inclusion.
She authors several books and scholarly articles on her areas of expertise and is member of several editorial boards. Rym Ayadi holds a Ph.D. in Economics and Finance from University Paris Dauphine.
For more information on books and other publications: Rym Ayadi
- Studies Human Capital, Labour Market Friction and Migration in Egypt, Jordan, Morocco and Tunisia - 31/05/2018
- Studies Financial Development and Inclusion in Egypt, Jordan, Morocco and Tunisia - 27/03/2018
- Studies Blue Transition Policy Roadmap: Towards Transparent, Responsible, Inclusive and Sustainable (TRIS) Development in the Mediterranean - 02/04/2020
- Studies Micro, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Development in Egypt, Jordan, Morocco & Tunisia: Structure, Obstacles and Policies - 04/12/2017
- Studies Youth employment and regional integration in the Euro-Mediterranean region – Qualitative and quantitative economic analysis on whether and how regional integration could lead to youth employment - 20/07/2017
- Policy papers MICRO, SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES IN THE MEDITERRANEAN: A POLICY ROADMAP TO UNTAP THE POTENTIAL FOR JOB CREATION - 16/06/2019
- Policy papers POLICY AGENDA FOR AN INCLUSIVE, JOB-CREATING FINANCIAL DEVELOPMENT IN THE SOUTHERN AND EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN - 16/06/2019
- Policy papers POLICIES FOR LABOUR MATCHING WITHIN AND BETWEEN COUNTRIES IN THE MEDITERRANEAN REGION - 16/06/2019
- Policy papers Female Labour Force Participation and Entrepreneurship: The Missing Pillar for Inclusive and Sustainable Economic Development in MENA? - 30/11/2018
- Policy papers Youth employment in the Mediterranean region: Is further regional integration the way forward for job creation? - 16/10/2017
- Working papers GLOBAL VALUE CHAINS AND THE PRODUCTIVITY OF FIRMS IN MENA COUNTRIES: DOES CONNECTIVITY MATTER? - 22/01/2020
- Working papers More Stabilisation or Better Allocation: Do Macroeconomic Policies Matter for Employment? - 06/12/2019
- Working papers Financial Development and Employment: New Evidence - 20/05/2019
- Working papers Regional integration in the Euro-Mediterranean - 28/06/2017