The research conducted by EMNES Researchers, Associates and Fellows aims to design sound and innovative socio-economic models that are inclusive, sustainable and employment creative, to devise new models for regional integration and to provide policy recommendations towards this goal.
EMNES research agenda is organized around the following mutually reinforcing and interconnected themes led by EMNES researchers, associates and fellows:
- Governance, institutions and institutional reforms;
- Macroeconomic policies and employment creation;
- Health policy;
- Private sector, micro, small and medium –sized enterprises development, entrepreneurship and social business;
- Digital economy;
- Human capital development, education, innovation, skill mismatch and migration;
- Labor markets, employment and employability;
- Finance, financial inclusion and the real economy;
- Sustainable development;
- Regional integration;
- Euro-Mediterranean economic partnership;
- Scenarios analysis and foresight.
EMNES research program is implemented using:
- Qualitative descriptive research –to collect qualitative data via surveys, to explore and assess the socio-economic inter-linkages of the drivers of the innovative, sustainable and inclusive development and growth models in the Mediterranean region and macro and micro levels of complementarities and synergies with the EU and other regions;
- Analytical research – to test and to develop, via theoretical and empirical scientific research, innovative thinking about new socio-economic development and growth models that are participative, inclusive, sustainable, sound and long-term employment generating;
- Policy-oriented research –to provide policy recommendations and to design full-fledged roadmaps to be shared with the policy makers under the Euro-Mediterranean partnership.
EMNES research is conducted by a younger generation of researchers yet experts in their fields to develop innovative thinking and provide policy makers with a renewed vision for socio-economic development in the Mediterranean countries, mainly focusing on employment creation, social inclusion, sustainable development and regional integration.
EMNES research targets Europe, Mediterranean Countries and Africa. All the countries in these regions can benefit from the results of EMNES research on employment creation, inclusive growth, sustainable development and regional integration.