The EU-Mediterranean and African Network for Economic Studies (EMANES) is a collaborative and innovative regional network of 34 economic and policy research institutions and think tanks from 18 countries of the Mediterranean and Africa working towards a renewed vision for socio-economic development in the region.
What is the role of an EMANES Fellow?
EMANES Fellows are young and/or early-stage career researchers in possession of a recent PhD. EMANES Fellows are actively involved in research activities including but not limited to:
- Data collection and analysis;
- Desk research and literature review;
- Elaboration of working papers (potentially to be submitted in academic journals);
- Elaboration of policy papers;
- Participation in EMANES and other relevant events presenting their research conducted for EMANES
Why to join?
EMANES Fellows have access to:
- Opportunity to work with renowned academics, economists and policy experts on relevant socio-economic development issues in the Euro-Mediterranean and Africa;
- Regular support and quality review in order to increase relevant research and policy communication skills;
- New initiatives and projects where the network is represented;
- EMANES Academy mainly addressing young and early-stage career academic and researchers, offering multidisciplinary and peer-to-peer transfer of know-how and exchange of best practices;
- Policy dialogue meetings with local, regional and international policy- and decision-makers in order to contribute actively to evidence-based decision- and policy-making;
- Increased visibility of their research activities contributing to the network.
How to join?
Individuals complying with the following minimum requirements can join EMANES as Fellows:
- PhD in economics, political science, finance, international development;
- A submitted paper selected at an EMANES Annual Conference;
- Conduct research and publish under EMANES;
- Recommendations from two members of EMANES Steering Committee.
Individuals applying to become an EMANES Fellow have to submit:
- Application form – duly filled in and signed;
- CV in English in Europass format;
- Motivational letter;
- Two (2) recommendation letters
Selection of EMANES Fellows is conducted on a rolling basis and decisions are taken at EMANES Steering Committee Level.
The application should be sent to email@example.com.